Thursday 25 February 2010

It's the Dali Man!

On the train to Figueres with Marianna, she with good ink, my generous guide! And cheer up Miss Anh, Dali isn't that crazy is he?




Oh.


Strangely compelling.



Don't mess with the noses!


....or the toeses.


Square surrounding the museum:



Exterior on one side. I wonder if I can erect something similar outside the kitchen window.


I guess I missed the memo about the blue outfits. Still, I had a really nice time.


On my way to the Fundacio Joan Miro the next day, just before I was attacked by a bunch of vile 8 year olds (don't worry, I'm pretty good at kicking and yelling too)


Outside the museum...Cute fella, but a bit rude.


You have no idea how long I waited for that stupid bird to fly by.


They were very strict about taking photos within the gallery, so nothing there I'm afraid. Picked up a nice postcard though! It says ceci est la coleur de mes reves.


On the train home from Preswick Airport - can you believe that they have a Peckham's selling Bundaberg Root Beer? Tres gour-may!


I am leaving Glasgow in a few weeks and realised how little I've captured of it for my photo albums. It's been snowing again!

3 comments:

Sister said...

What on earth is that sculpture? It confuses me.
Loving the vine covered walls... Your blog makes me want to go around Europe taking photos and then designing my own house/garden... The other day I was daydreaming about it and nearly missed my train stop! HAHAHHA that thing about the blue outfits made me giggle a bit.
Dali is magnificent! I loved the Dali exhibition. Lucky you.
Doesn't that french mean 'it's the colour of my eyes' or something or other? I wish I'd never dropped out of high school French!!!
BUNDABERG! Its made in a factory in Bundaberg, NSW, AUSTRALIA you know! Someone from BUNDABERG told me himself the other day!

MissAnh said...

I like all the confused sculptures, none of which I can explain.
If you do exchange, you might have the chance to go to Figueres yourself!
I thought it means 'this is the colour of my dreams', reves = reverie? Google translator?
Yes, I know where Bundaberg is (it's QLD!), thus the tres gourmet comment. Ha ha!

Sister said...

I will go to the Figueres!!! You can count on it. I'm saving up already. :)