Monday 1 February 2010

Knitting Misadventures Jan '10

Alright, I admit I am bullcrap at sorting through travel photos - Dali is coming, I promise!

In the meantime, I need to update this bleergh, otherwise, it will rapidly descend into just that. I'm trying!

I named these mitten's 'Santa's Poinsettias', becos I am clearly such a green thumb. As it were, I forgot to make one thumb on the right mitten, and freaked out very badly - until I discovered the 'afterthought' thumb technique, which involves a lot of closing your eyes, screaming and a pair of scissors (in my case anyway). I also ran out of yarn, which was a minor disaster because it meant I had to raid Klaus' mum's yarn stash; this made me feel very guilty - who knows what kind of knitting karma is gonna hit me next.



Last week, I finished a Feather and Fan shawl, hereby named 'My girlfriend is a witch'. We heard this song playing at a shop and Klaus thought it would be hilarious to keep singing it to me, especially when I'm grumpy. He was thrilled to discover I was knitting a shawl of all things; my girlfriend is a witch my girlfriend is a witch! And so it goes.


I'm currently working on a long black cardigan that will hopefully swallow me up and protect me from this freezing cold flat. I'm ordering some polymer clay buttons from Folksy; something very utilitarian and hobbycraftish about them that I like.

2 comments:

Linh said...

Anh, those mittens are amazing!!! They look very professional. The ones you made me were very cute too. Gah, I'm such a shit sister, I haven't done any crafty things for you since I was 12 or something! Do witches wear shawls? Hahahah! That's hilarious. Polymer clay... Freaking hippies.

MissAnh said...

What does that mean, 'professional'?! Do you mean that I am GOOD! Did you think that all I have been making is garter stitch scarfs in various fluffy novelty yarns for a whole year?! Yes, you are a bad sister. Where's that tshirt you promised me from 2008? Polymer clay is amazing, I'm going to take over mum's oven when I get back.