Thursday 21 January 2010

The colour of Gaudi's shapes

There's something totally OCD about wanting to memorise every single tile formation and design feature that Gaudi thought up, but I'm not the only one, surely. Enjoy!

The church that Rome certainly did not help build - it is definitely awe inspiring, regardless of how many photographs you see of it beforehand:




On the street - Casa Vicens:



On the street and rooftop - Casa Mila (La Pedrera)




Park Guell - wow! (can I eat that gingerbread house?)







Gaudi's house and garden within the park:



Happy mosaic dreams!

3 comments:

Sister said...

Jesus CHRIST! What is that building?! It looks like something out of some sinister arthouse film about dead people coming alive or something.

Casa Mila? That building is fucking amazing! I want to build a house like that and in live in it godamnit! If I'd gone to Europe younger would definitely have wanted to become an architect... Damn! I'm making that photo the laptop background

MissAnh said...

Some would call it a church, but since Rome never contributed any money to it because they thought Gaudi was crazy, I guess you could call it a homage to Jesus Christ and a place of profound spirituality?
Yes, all the buildings are really inventive and overwhelming. I just realised that I've left out Casa Battlo, but if you do a search there are plenty of beautiful pictures.

Sister said...

It doesn't look like a church!!! It is so crazy I can't stop looking at it. I want to design my own house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!